Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lent - Again??

Lent has never been a favorite season of mine; in fact, I dread Lent! What's so great about fasting and abstaining anyway?? I just can't wait to get to the end - that's been my one and only goal. I've done a lot of naval gazing when it came to Lent, groaning and gasping, but I have a new perspective this year. I'm refocusing on what God may do in me, rather than what I'm doing for God, and I already feel lighter - I already feel some sense of anticipation. I've been sensible in my resolutions, having decided the why of each. There's purpose in this. Hopefully, there will be spiritual growth in this. For all of you who have always appreciated the six weeks beyond the display of ashes, I applaud you for getting Lent. But if you've been a dreader like I, maybe this year we both can finally rejoice in the gracious mercy of a loving God, and properly refocus this Lenten desert experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment